Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Passion Trip - Bali 07


Fiyuh...
It's been a long time since I've written my last post.
Lately I've been quite busy or just too lazy to write and too fucked up with the daily routine.
So I guess it's just about time I have a vacation.
And this time I must consider myself lucky cos my office provided just what I need.
Commemorating its second anniversary, we were all transported to Bali for a fun trip together.
Quite a big leap, considering last year we only went to Anyer (tempatnya emang bapuk, tapi acaranya sih seru banget karena kebersamaannya asik!)
Flights (By Garuda, mind you), accommodation (Harris Resort, 4 star rite by the beachfront) and full meals were all paid for (bless Octovate).

I was so excited, cos it's my first visit (again) to Bali after all these years.
I first went there when I was 10 or so, and my last visit there was in 94.
I was on the way to Perth for a student exchange program then.
So basically I've little knowledge of what Bali's like recently, except for my vivid memories of its varied beach.
Black powdery sand and an ever crowded Kuta, Tanah Lot with its mighty cliff, and Sanur with its pepper sand and deep tourquois water, these were images of Bali etched in my mind.


When I arrived there I was so full of excitement. I was like a child going out for the first time.
I was readying all my senses to take in all the sensation.
Even the fact that I was being there brought an air of exhilaration.
I was a little dissapointed by the fact that we couldn't follow all the rundown. Some of the participants were quite ignorant to the fact that for some people going there was a rare occasion.
Lack of discipline was always the matter.
But, setting it aside, it was fun.

Bali beats to its own pulse. Being there was like being thrown to another realm. Like being in an utopia.
Fashion and attitude are different there. Bali dares you to do what you wouldn't dream of doing in your everyday routine.
I myself had an unexplained bravado to bare my chest a little more than I usually allow and thus discover a new side of my femininity.
Learning that I actually looked good because I was feeling good.

I revisited my memory of peppery sand granules in serene Dreamland and I had the chance to satisfy my curiosity of the world famous Ibu Oka's babi guling.
Too bad I hadn't had the chance to visit its traditional market. Taking Discovery Travel and Living earnestly, traditional market is the place where you learn about the true culture and culinary heritage of a place.
Strangely though, even when I felt I was missing out quite a lot of things, I had a strong feeling that I will be back soon.
And when I do, I'll be back with a vengeance.
I will stroll along the endless beach, sneaking thorugh the narrow street and plunge my self to the very heart of it.

But for now, its back to the realm of reality for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home