Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Dunia penuh dengan orang hamil

I'm not exaggerating here, it's true.
Lately I often complain that wherever I go I'm surrounded a series of unending pregnancy.
At work, for instance.
When I first came here, there were less than 10 females in the whole company, and half of them are single.
Already, one of the girl from co-op was heavily pregnant and she quit the job when her baby was due.
Before she quit though, we found out that one of HRD person was also expecting.
Not so long afterwards, some more female workers are coming and one by one they were wooed by co-workers.
And then everywhere I went around my office I'd bump into one of the woman carrying drum in her tummy.
I know too well that pregnancy is not something to be grumpy about, but seeing a series of consecutive whales for 4 years non-stop, EVERYDAY, is really tiring.
I notice that malls on weekends are also full of them.
Recently, one of the girl in the accounting department got married with a colleague, and sure enough, something was on the way immediately after.
I don't know why, but I began to loathe this girl more and more everyday.
She did no wrongdoing to me, we don't even know each-other too well, and have no idea where this feeling came from.
I didn't really like this girl from the first time,but it has nothing to do with her getting pregnant.
She was new, and was attached to her new friend, to an annoying point that she would jostled anyone eventhough our canteen table was already full, in order to eat on the same table with her friend.
Correction, not only on the same table, but on the same side of the table.
But I soon learned to ignore her, until recently.
Her husband's office was moved near mine, and since then she began to use our toilet instead of hers, which is in another building adjacent to ours.
She has to pass bymy cubicle to get there.
And , arrrgh, how I loathe the way she would walk ever so slowly when heading to the toilet, but she'd race pass me on lunch hour.
I saw her getting uglier and uglier with her advancing pregnancy.
Once again, it's not my illussion.
She does get uglier.
She was not pretty, and it gets worse.
She gained weight, her complexion turned darker, and then she'd cut her hair in an odd fashion. Her face plumped.
I tried to ignore her but she seemed to be always passing by my cubicle.
I know I'm being unreasonable, but I don't get it myself.
I didn't have the same loathing for my sister. I even have some sense of affection and I was always trying to protect her.
I watched other people's blog and was marvelling on how pregnancy only make them even more beautiful.
So now, is it the pregnancy or is it the person?
I still don't know.
Maybe, I loathe her because she's a perfect example of what girls fear most.
And I certainly don't want to undergo the same thing she goes through.
Shouldn't I supposedly have compassion for her?
Arrrghhhh, I don't know, oh and here she goes again .....
I wish at least she'd use her own toilet so I needn't see her so often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home