Friday, April 01, 2005

Things i'd like to change about my office

Before you dream of changing the world you must first change yourself, so they say.
But if I could have it my way then these are a few thing’s I’d like to change about the place I work in

(o) Trees everywhere : we used to have green trees on the sides of the factory. As far as I know, they’ve always been there.
They’re tall and quite big so I guess they must have been at least 10 years old. They’re nice to have, especially since this town is extremely hot and dry.
Then one day, some stupid idiot manager ordered to have them cut down and replace them with tiny potted palms.
The reason: no other paper factory have trees. Some unreasonable non-sense that is. Why not stand out and make difference then?
My eyes were smarting when I saw their roots were dug out.
Don’t they realize not even the biggest factory in the world can produce trees? What I mean is natural trees, not some genetically manufactured clones.

(o) Good music all day long : when first I work here, the only music allowed is classical from our phone ‘hold’ tone.
Classic is good but at some point they can be very distressing.
Not to mention the fact you cannot ask the person you call to hold the phone forever.
Now, we can have music in our own computers and wear earphone, but no LaunchCast enabled, so the choice is somehow limited.
It’d be nice to have a WorldSpace eight-to-five

(o) Lunch reimbursement : we have to eat at our canteen, where appointed caterer provide our food.
Problem is : they’re slow, we have to queue for quite some time.
Another thing, sometime we get bored with the menu. They have to make a profit so the food quality is not always satisfactory, not to mention the limited choice.
If we get reimbursement for our lunch allowance, we can go out to lunch.

(o) Nice shower : our toilets are nice and clean, nothing wrong with it. I just want to add a little shower.
So we can do more than just pee and poop there.
For instance, I can jog from my boarding house to work and take shower here.
Or on Mondays, I can get up early and go straight to work, instead of having to get my shower in my rather unpleasant boardinghouse’s bathroom.
Or when I get sleepy in the afternoon, I can get some refreshment.
When I have to work over-time. I can have shower first and get a boost of new energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home