Thursday, March 10, 2005

It takes two to tango

"I'm a bit worried about the way your relationship goes. I mean, we're women. We're always taken advantaged of. Our body, our feelings, we sacrificed them all in a relationship."
This was someone's thought. And I simply couldn't disagree more with her. OK, she's trying to protect me, but her concept of a relationship is simply unacceptable to me.
So, we, women, sacrifice ourselves in a relationship. It is always us who's being taken advantaged of. When we're being hugged, kissed, touched. And if the relationship ends, we become less of a person. That's what she thinks.
No way. That's not a relationship. At least, that's not the way it should be to me.
Relationship is mutual. It takes two to tango. I go out with a man because I decided to. I love him because I choose to let the feeling grows. I let him hug me and I hug him in return. I taunt him to kiss me and I kiss him back just as fiercely. I let him touch me because I'm looking forward for the tingling sensation everywhere his touches go. Nothing happened beyond my control and permission.
How hypocrit it is to think that when we made an intense physical contact and think that we're just being taken advantage of, like some tools to satisfy the other's crave, that we're not enjoying it too. Not unless you're being raped. My body is mine and I decide what should be done with it.
OK, so suppose this thing end, but does this make me less of a person? If it does, maybe most of us is just half-person.
Let's not pretend that we don't enjoy it. That we were under some influence. Like our minds are being veiled.
Besides, if we suppose men do it because it feels good to them, and because they enjoy it, why can't we suppose the same for us too.
And if men stay men afterwards, women do too.
Sacrifice! Those are not sacrifices at all. That's what it takes, but it takes only what you choose to give.
Do I sacrifice my feeling in a relationship? Hell, not at all. I allow myself stepping into this relationship and I'm willing to take chances.
If it doesn't work out well then let it be my mistake. Everybody does it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home