Thursday, March 03, 2005

Brainy Nut

This afternoon one of our anager brought us something from his business trip to Iran.
He put in our common desk, and it wurely invited our curiosities.
The box looked very attractive. It's color was creme and judging from the size, it could have been chocolate.
Then we saw the pictures of pistacchios adorned in the box.
Pistacchio it is, we thought.
One my colleagues then opened the box with us waiting around him.
When the treasure chest was opened we were startled to see tiny brown hardened human brains the size of chestnuts popped out of the box.
What the hell was that? Roasted fetus' brains ? Yuckkkkk!!
We were thorn on whether or not to devour the hideous thing.
My colleague then showed his bravado and boldly picked one of the brains and examined it.
Oh, it's nothing but some kind of nuts. This must be the strangest-looking kernel I've ever seen.
Then we had a look closer and decided that it took a more complicated form of pecan, but merely nut afterall.
I took one of them and nibbled.
Bleeeaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhh.
Turned out that these nuts have a taste as disastrous as the look.
It's bitter. One of my friend sais it's like munching kinine tablet. But of course she's exaggerating.
It's just the skin.
Of course, round peanuts have that skin, but they're easy to peel. But with this complicated brain 'landscape', the skin got stuck on the surface.
Since I've nothing to do, I took a needle and began to peel the skin with it.
It was quite fun, and the bitter part was gone.
I was among the few who were willing to take all the trouble for some bits of weird nuts. The others simply ignored them.
Then, as I peeled it, I can see that they're secreting some kind of oil, and some them got stuck in between my fingernails.
It's smelled funny, and after straining my (real) brain, I got to remember that this smell was so similar to that of a nutmeg.
NUTMEG!!!! That's it!!
That what I was looking for. I did thought that these kinda familiar.
So much thought for nuts!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home