Tuesday, March 01, 2005

My Desk

I changed my desk arrangement today. Previously it was so official looking. It was this crazy-french man-with-napoleon-complex boss who has a crave for anything so-called orderly. Everything has to labelled. Everything has its place. Everything has to bear the company logo. 2 years ago he didn't even let anyone have music on their computers. Everything had to be tense. Arrrrrrrrrgggghhhh. Especially to see his enormous office on the corner of the building is anything but tidy. Even bigger than my rented room, everything in there seems to be disastrous. Talk about order!
I'm not a very neat person either and everything in my desk is anything but orderly. I only tidy it up when it suits me. Or when I think things has gotten way out of control. But at least I'd like my desk to have a little touch.
In my old department, I used to label my files with colourful letters and ornamented eyes winking merrily. I thought it gives a feeling of fun to my work. Guess what? The big boss came and asked what the eyes are about and scolded them.
But I didn't just gave up, I got a souvenir in form of a ceramic plate with flower pattern. It has a two-legged stand. I put it on my desk and waited for any comments.
Months passed by and not a word came.
Then, it's time for pictures.
I put several picture of my baby-niece on my desktop tower. This invited a lot of question from my colleagues but no reprimands whatsoever.
So this morning, I decided to replace my old plate with a fresh picture of me and my bf.
Well, I know it's a bit of a show off but I think it does good for warming my office. Besides, it saves me from having to answer curious probes.
I just realized I looked good there.... (narcissist point of view huh?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home